Sunday, August 7, 2011

The latest in femininity

I am always on the lookout for new shoes that fit my daughter, she of the tiny feet and difficulty with hard soles. So when I was out for a walk the other day I went in to a nearby (really really expensive) baby store to see what they had, and was pleased to find two brands I hadn't seen before, with soft soles, in her size.

My daughter was with me, sitting in the stroller, and when she saw I had picked up the BOX of shoes -- how she knew what was in it, I have no idea -- she immediately started pulling off her own shoes and socks, saying "shooz! shooz!" She held up her foot for me to try them on.

I obliged, of course -- I mean, I was thinking of buying them, after all. And once on, she held up her foot, twisting it this way and that to admire the new footwear. She cooed over them. The saleslady was agog.

"It starts this early, does it?" she asked.

"Apparently," I replied.

Thankfully, at least this time, there were no temper tantrums when we left the store new-shoe-less.

No comments: