Monday, August 23, 2010

More irony

The last baby I had would not sleep on his own. For months. I recall he was five months old before he would sleep longer than 10 minutes alone, for all my quiet wiggling and easing myself away from him. Five months!

However, once he did sleep on his own, he would sleep properly on his back, like a good baby, arms and legs akimbo.

My daughter, on the other hand, slept 2.5 hours this morning, most of it totally on her own. But on her stomach. She will not sleep on her back. She will kind of sleep on her side. But lay the girl on her tummy and she's out cold for hours.

So I can leave her, but I sure shouldn't.

Anyway I am doing nothing to interrupt the status quo. For the next year I can stay near her while she sleeps on her stomach, and once she's a year old it's safe to let her do it on her own. After The Boy Who Wouldn't Sleep, I'm taking The Girl Who Will, even if it does come with Limitations.

(Kind of like those ads you see for medication that promise all these wonderful things but have fine print. You can have a daughter! She will sleep! She won't cry very much! (But you'll have to stay on the bed with her for the duration because she'll only do it on her stomach.)

In other news, The Girl has been rolling well and this morning while hanging out on her tummy, she drooled so much and burbled through it so much that it looked like she had a little beard. Classy. Even more classy? Telling the intarwebs. yeah.

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Oh, but she is just. so. cute. :D