Friday, September 10, 2010

I rock, therefore I am

My son, once upon a time, took his vaccinations like a pro. I mean, his little infantness screamed blue murder but then would nurse, pass out, and wake as though nothing had ever happened. No fever or extreme fussiness or anything else.

When The Girl got her two month shots she one-upped her brother by sleeping it off. Almost all day she slept. Sleep, sleep, sleep. Whee!

So very smugly yesterday I went for her four month appointment thinking "heh, this'll be EASY" and even daring to think "hey maybe I'll catch up on some sleep tonight or tomorrow."

Ha. Ha ha. Hahahahahaha.

Oh don't get me wrong. I am still in the "aren't you lucky" camp. But she is running an oh-so-slight fever and has become very particular about things and lying THIS way and not THAT way is HORRIBLE, MOTHER HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME? And was up last night ... I don't know how much. A lot, for her.

So once again I give thanks for the rocking chair and I rock and rock and rock and hold her and remind myself it won't always be like this. Like this, sleep deprived, headachy, cranky. Like this, just sit back and hold me mommy,cuddle me and kiss my tiny head, you're the only one who makes this better.

No comments: