Friday, January 7, 2011

Perspective

This morning my son was rude. Belligerent. Difficult. Refused to cooperate. I am tired, I haven't been sleeping well because my daughter is not sleeping well, so I lost my patience. A lot.

He refused to go to daycare -- something about someone being mean and not wanting to play with that boy and needing a break, and I understand that so despite the fact that *I* needed a break from *him*, I let him stay home.

I have some money I meant to spend at a bookstore left over from Christmas, so I took him off to the local big box book store, with dire threats about his behaviour and how mommy needed some time to pick things out and etc etc. So we went. And he followed. And he asked questions but stayed close. So we went to the ENORMOUS kids section so he could enjoy himself, and he ...

He was good. So good. He picked up books and read them nicely and put them back where he found them. He stayed where I asked him to if need be, but walked around when I didn't mind. He didn't yell or carouse or behave poorly in the slightest.

Unlike poor KARYS!!! KARYS!!!'S identity still is a mystery to me (I only know the spelling of her name because it was on the many easels around the place) but KARYS!!!! and her mother were clearly having a Very Bad Day.

No comments: