Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Progress

Much as I suspected, the warned-of snow never did materialize, but instead gifted us with a cold, wet, blowy, sleety morning which was probably worse than the promised snow. I mean, it was just as cold and unpleasant and you didn't at least get the prettiness of the white all around.

And oh internets! My house, it is the pits. The absolute pits. So. Much. STUFF. And I confess myself yet again stymied. Last fall when I felt this way I told myself I'd just do the books, and so I did so, but now I'm at the point where I need help with the books and The Man is SO busy that I can't bring myself to insist that he take time off from relaxing when he is home to help me. I also need to sell some stuff, but the consignment store that will take it won't give me an appointment for another couple weeks. And I need to get rid of a bunch of clothes I never wear, but my weight is still fluctuating and I'm not sure what to get rid of and what to keep. You never know, I MIGHT fit into those jeans again one day!!

Oh and the toys. We have so many toys and my kid plays with: Lego. And a few other things here and there, and he reads his books but: Lego. Really I could probably get rid of everything but the Lego and a few books and he'd be just as happy.

And the kitchen is crowded and disorganized, and the paperwork, dear LORD the paperwork which needs sorting and the storage places could use a good organize and ...

And I just don't know where to start, is the problem. We need to get rid of a whole ton of STUFF and I don't know where to start because the problem is so overencompassing.

Sigh.

Anyway. I tidied the living room, got rid of the dessicated tree, cleaned the kitchen, threw some stuff out, put some stuff away, and made a nice soup for dinner.

And then I danced around the place with my daughter in my arms to Lady Gaga, with her giggling like a maniac.

I guess really it was a good day after all.

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

I know, some days don't you just want to take a flamethrower to the whole thing? :P

WHY do we have like a hundred DVDs that we're unlikely ever to watch again? Half a dozen puzzles we'll probably never put together, because the only place to do so is on the living-room floor? Filed paperwork from a decade ago, and towering heaps of un-filed paperwork from the past, like, three years? And don't even get me STARTED on the strata in SP's room.