Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quite clearly missing the fun gene

So today was Annual Team Building Day at Workplace today, so I got to drive my kids to Workplace Daycare and then drive *clear across the city* to go ...

Go-kart racing.

Believe it.

I arrived at 11, alone, the only one who missed the "actually we won't start until 11:15 memo". Watch the safety video, put on a helmet.

Walk out, climb in a lawn mower.

Seriously, the thing started with a pull cord.

And then? We drove around and around for 15 minutes. And I'm ... Bored. I just don't quite get it. By the 15th lap I seriously considered pulling in to the pit and just stopping. I mean ... What the heck is the point?

Anyway. Everyone else loved it. Had a great time.

Started planning for our next time.

But I got off easy. Boring it might have been, but the offered alternative was the Grouse Grind. Every bit as pleasant as it sounds.

(for the uninitiated: http://www.grousemountain.com/grousegrind. My favorite part: "mother nature's stairmaster". Nothing says "team building" like "dying on the side of a mountain.")

No comments: