Friday, May 8, 2009

This Friday ...

... I have:

* a new office
* a new daycare for my child
* a clean house

I don't have:

* an office phone that rings, for no particular reason
* an office key that works
* an office security fob so I can access my office and (for the LOVE of PETE) the BATHROOMS

Which is better than earlier this week when everything had been set up and everyone else was working away when I didn't have:

* a computer that would boot up
* a phone that would route calls to me (although I could call out, which however nice, meant I didn't discover the previous problem for two days.)

I also have:

* a crapload of work, because of course everyone and his dog emails me the week I am a.) moving b.) having problems with my computer and c.) hardly ever there given I'm settling my kid into a new daycare
* a husband who is working late
* a cranky and tired and somewhat stressed kid who's been dealing (well) with a new situation all week
aaaannnnndd
* what I think is my THIRD case of pink eye this year. I have terribly dry eyes. They pick up everything.

And so in light of that, I also have:

* A FRICKING BIG GLASS OF WINE.

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Oh my.

My week seems less obnoxious, suddenly ...

Happy early Mother's Day :)