Monday, May 11, 2009

Ya win some, ya lose some

Today I have:

* a security fob that opens doors and lets me (sweet mercy!) use the bathroom. SCORE!
* a phone that rings (although it was of course set on TOP VOLUME and scared the living bejeezus out of me when it rang this morning. Also because it's a new VOIP phone and has a strange ring so this morning before the caffeine had hit there was a LOUD NOISE AND DEAR GOD WHERE IS IT COMING FROM???!! AIIIIEEEEE. Ah. Yes. The phone. Amazing that I managed to sound even remotely coherent when I answered. My heart was going about ten miles a minute.)

But I also have:

* a dishwasher whose control panel no longer lights up and only allows me to press start and pray that it decides to wash and not just rinse or ... I don't know, spray water everywhere.
* a dishwasher that is making some seriously disturbing (and probably expensive) noises which makes me think that the last option, above, is imminent.

No comments: