Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's noon. Today I've made two cups of tea and have managed to drink ... neither of them. Not a single sip.

It's been that kind of morning.

One of this morning's activities was the discharge appointment at the midwife, where I learned that my daughter is gaining weight at four times the minimum required for infants -- two ounces a day as opposed to the minimum of 1/2 an ounce a day. Which might explain why she's been feeling so darn heavy lately.

Everything else also checked out ok, so we were discharged to the care of our family physician. Like last time, I am sad to say good bye to the midwives -- the same one was present at both my births, and the team of them really were life-savers in pregnancy and post-partum, answering questions and calming an anxious mother. I'll miss them. Particularly I'll miss their personalized care, available 24/7.

They told me to come back if I every had another one, and I said I would -- but that they shouldn't hold their breath, it sure wasn't in our plans. But I admit it seems more likely now, given that when she asked "hey, what are you doing for birth control now?" I paused and didn't have an answer. No, we are definitely not planning to have any more kids, but it seems I should get on it and find an answer to that question soon or I might end up back there again.

And God knows when I can't even manage a cup of tea in the mornings, I am SURE not capable of taking care of a third small human.

No comments: