Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New and different

The Man just left on his second business trip in as many weeks. His
plane left ten minutes ago and I already miss him. You know with two
kids, one an infant, you see little of your spouse as it is. We often
say to each other that we miss each other even when we're here.

It's worse when he's gone.

Last week I spent at my parents. This week his parents are here, in
our tiny space. They've never stayed here before, I've never been
alone with them. Seven years and two kids later I still don't know
them well because we only see them once a year, maybe twice (my
parents are by comparison always dropping by ... We see them every
couple months)

I would normally have politely declined their help, but two kids and a
tired mom and ... Well I think it's a good idea to put my personal
idiosyncrasies aside to GET to know the parents of my partner, and let
my children get to know their grandparents.

Not that The Girl will let themhold her for more than five minutes.
She's particular, it seems.

I don't expect this to be a trial. Far from it: they are good, kind
people. And it's a worthwhile investment regardless. But I am used to
my space, doing things my way.

So here we are: living in a tiny space. Getting to know each other.
Hoping for the best.

No comments: