Friday, October 22, 2010

Now that my daughter is sitting -- almost -- I figure how hard can it be to post more often? I'll just sit her in my lap and it will all be fine!

One minute in: we're doing ok.

But I suspect there will be casualties.

I emailed a childless friend today, asked how they were. Tired came the answer. And I refrained from saying, which I almost did, I remember being tired before I had kids too and HOOOO-BOY does it not compare to now. You know, because I'd sound like a total ass. Who's to say why this person is tired? There are many more reasons than kids to be tired. Don't be sanctimonious! But for me, I do have to say -- I used to feel tired a lot before kids. Now I feel TIRED. Tired like I-could-fall-asleep-mid-driving tired. Which I don't, thanks to coffee. But stimulants are my fast friends these days.

Two minutes in: Harder to type with baby AND favourite bunny on lap.

My daughter has a strange crown. As in, she doesn't have a swirl on the top of her head, she has a very strange, off-centre, cowlicky thing that goes up and across her head. It's very strange. And I wondered what the heck had happened for months until I caught myself futzing with my hair in the mirror and trying to get my hair to lie flat over this part in the back? Which is off-centre? And kind of has my hair grow up, and you know, kind of to the side?

Oh.

It's the sleep deprivation, I think.

Three minutes in: uhhhhhhh ....

Halloween is coming and we are still not sorted on a costume. Ugh. My son of course is opting for only archetypal heroes and villains and we could use the Venom costume from last year only there's no mask and he can't wear it without the mask, mom. Except that he did. Last year. All the time. The mask is a pain in the butt.

Sigh. So I'm trying to talk him into wearing the Venom costume with the Iron Man mask he has. That'll be cool, right? Right?

Annnnnnddd ... four minutes in? We're done.

No comments: