Friday, December 10, 2010

The first Christmas Concert

Yesterday evening was the annual holiday potluck at The Boy's daycare, so I prepared a green salad (God knows I'm no cook, so green salad was about my limit. Don't want to poison the populace at Christmas.) and took The Girl and off we went.

It was the usual mayhem. In a nice way, but a space that is usually crazy and overwhelming with 24 kids is CRAZY with 24 kids, their parents, and their siblings. There was plenty of food, much of it was good, and The Boy ate some which is even more of a miracle. I chatted with parents, watched my son, nursed my daughter and then ...

Then they pulled all the kids together. And they sang. And my little boy sat in the front row with one of his special friends glued to one side, and another glued to the other, and they sang beautiful Christmas carols that they had been rehearsing -- and the dreidel song, because they don't want to exclude anyone! -- and I held up my camera and thought I'm going to remember this moment. I'm at my little boy's first Christmas concert.

I must admit I got kind of teary.

And then Santa came and the kids were pretty much peeing themselves with awesomeness and the crazy was pretty incredible and I won't even describe how nutty it was to try and corral my own two children into the car on my own while all the other parents were trying to do the same thing but Oh! ... Oh it was so sweet to see his little self singing his heart out for Christmas.