Monday, December 6, 2010

In previous years, I have lamented -- to myself -- that Vancouver radio stations don't play enough Christmas music. I am a sucker for Christmas music, and the date I listen to it gets earlier and earlier every year. It's kinda sad really.

But this year? TWO Vancouver radio stations have been playing ALL CHRISTMAS ALL THE TIME but alas this has failed to fill me with joy and has instead illustrated for me the sheer volume of REALLY CRAPPY CHRISTMAS MUSIC.

Also, it's very hard to explain to your four year old who listens to all the carols and can discern all the words why there's a breathy lady on the radio singing to "Santa Baby".

2 comments:

erin said...

That's so funny, I was just thinking about Xmas music this weekend! There are a few stations here that have been playing it all the time since American Thanksgiving. And it's definitely too much of a good thing... there are some odd Xmas songs out there!

wealhtheow said...

You need to get on iTunes and download some good Xmas albums. there's an awesome one by the Choir of St John's Church in Elora, and, if you can find it, one called "We Beheld the Glory" by the choir of Augustana {University? College? University College?} -- dunno if that one would be on iTunes, but have a look, because it's got some really great songs on it. Also one (again, not sure if you would find this on iTunes) by the Toronto Mendelssohn Youth Choir called "The Magic of Christmas" (disclaimer: I am on that one). There is good seasonal music out there! You just have to look. Hard. Really hard. :P