Friday, February 4, 2011

Becoming the mother of two

It was shortly after I posted yesterday that I realized I'd written that post before ... A lot, in fact. The "dear God I'm alone with two children!" post. The "thank God there's chocolate" post.

What didn't occur to me as I wrote it was that there was a point when those posts became joking instead of serious. I don't know when it was, to be honest, but it occurred to me yesterday that the idea of being alone all day with the two kids doesn't fill me with terror like it did six months ago. It doesn't really make me pause at all. Now when my son wants to stay home, I kind of shrug and say fine.

Don't get me wrong, this parenting thing is still hard. It's a very hard job especially when you have terrible patience, as I do. I snap at them still, I get frustrated. But I'm human. It happens.

I knew it would eventually happen. Even six months ago when even the idea of a whole day alone was tiring, I knew I'd get to this place eventually. And I have.

And it's a good thing too, because the hub's business trips are going to start up again soon. You may want to ask me again in a month if I am still this calm and confident. Heh.

Sent from my iPad

No comments: