Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stray thoughts

Earlier this week I was informed that one makes quesadillas by taking cheese, rolling it with a rolling pin, and then putting in the toaster. Three is such fun.

* * * * * *

I called up the sewing machine repair guy yesterday when I was at home, and he said to bring it in. So I did, and we went through threading the machine and he got it to pick up the bobbin thread ... and we seemed to think that I was holding the thread to the wrong side. Which seemed weird when it hadn't mattered before, but perhaps I hadn't been paying attention. And then it stopped picking up, and he determined that the alignment is off. So I am still without sewing machine. Sigh.

There are only two more rows to go!

How ironic that I thought it was a GOOD idea to get it all tuned up.

* * * * * *

My parents are trying to get here from the island today. There was a fire on one of the ferries yesterday, and so they've cancelled sailings and halted reservations. As of this morning at 8:30, there was a two sailing wait. They are in for a very very very long day. I hope they have some good car games.

* * * * * *

"when you have apple juice, you pour it on the raft and then the horse slides off."

Are three year olds a little bit insane?

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Hmm. I suppose that could work (although olive oil would probably work better). The question is, what is the horse doing on the raft in the first place?

;^)