Sunday, April 12, 2009

Frogging

Many years ago -- pre-child -- I bought some Noro Kureyon, and proceeded to make a sweater out of it. A sweater I never wore. Not once. Barely even around the house. It was a strange construction, with seams on the outside, which was weird. But weirder still was that the cut of it made me look like a linebacker. I admit that I am not terribly blessed in the bust department, but it's not SO bad. I am not that broad shouldered.

But alas I had knitted and sewn and tucked in ends, so that picking it apart was a pain. It took me all my free time yesterday and some more time this morning. So now I have nine balls -- give or take -- to create something new. Recycling! It's good for the environment AND my economy.

The problem now is that it will take at least ten balls to make a sweater. Which was a problem I had before, to be honest. The sweater, in addition to making me look like I was ready to head out on a field to play ball, was also cropped. Which is not a look I really think is great for me these days. And finding another ball that is the same dye lot as something I bought four years ago?? HA HA HA.

So now I'm thinking -- what kind of sweater can I knit with one ball short of a sweater? I was thinking a vest, which I know was very much in style this last winter, but to be honest, I'm not sure I would wear it much. I'm not really a vest person. Although perhaps I would be if I had one I liked, and that fit. 

Or perhaps a sweater with a deep scoop neck, to be worn with a t-shirt? Or one with cropped sleeves? 3/4 length sleeves? 

I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats with anticipation, but DON'T WORRY, I will keep you posted.

I live such an exciting life.

In actual exciting news, we're having a nice weekend. There will be ham, and friends for dinner today and tomorrow. And perhaps some swimming at a Vancouver pool. And we saw aunts and cousins, and got lots of nice hand me down clothes and shoes! Shoes with spiderman on them, that light up!

OK, wait, that's not as exciting as I thought. At least not for adults.

No comments: