Sunday, April 19, 2009

University living, all over again

I fell asleep last night in my son's bed at 8pm, in my jeans and t-shirt. I woke up later and removed my bra and my belt and just went back to sleep. This morning, arising fully (almost) dressed, I realized that this is something I haven't really done since I was a university student, and it got me to thinking: what else about having a child is like being in university?

* endless dinners of pasta (because that's all the kid wants to eat, not just all you can afford. but still.)
* being awake at 4am
* waking up at same hour because someone else's bodily fluids runneth over (ahem)
* waking up at same hour because someone else has the munchies
* living in a house that constantly has dirty dishes / garbage / mess.
* constantly feeling tired
* constantly feeling like there's something else you should be doing and never getting to it.

And The Man constantly laments those halcyon days of university. I should remind him more often that this is just the same.

No comments: