Thursday, May 5, 2011

In other, much more amusing news ...

So my son informs me last night that "it's very dangerous to have a splinter in you and not get it out because it will CATCH ON FIRE!!"

When I laughed out loud, long and hard, at this news, he then huffily explained to me that since the source of this information was "at least 45" (i.e. older than me) that the older informer in question must be right.

Ah the land of kids, where the older you are, the smarter / more knowledgeable you are.

It wasn't until The Man heard this story this morning that he realized that what The Boy had probably heard and misinterpreted was that splinters left in skin can become INFLAMED.

I laughed long and hard at that one too. But for different reasons -- mostly that the word nerd in me hadn't ever put that together.