Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Paging Dr. Googlek

I have a mental pact, if you will, not to write about certain subjects here. It's a public forum, after all. I imagine that where I draw the line is rather arbitrary -- I mean, if I describe birth in intimate detail, why *not* discuss, I don't know, my kid's toilet training? And I'm not entirely sure, not sure what I'm doing much of the time to be fair, but there you go.

But having said all that, I did want to just note that why, WHY is it that when you desperately google "toddler constipation remedies" with one hand, why does it come up with "get your child to drink more!" and "try some more fibre!" and not one site -- not one! -- gives you a gddam clue about what to do RIGHT NOW, when right now is a pre-verbal child who has been screaming on and off for two hours (all and only in your arms, btw, hence the one-handed typing), the doctor is closed, and your only option for real medical advice is the hospital? (or Dr. Google)

It's beyond frustrating.

Anyway. Don't worry. The said pre-verbal toddler is fine ... Now.

My computer that she spilled coffee on to .... Maybe not so much. We're waiting until tomorrow to see.

My son who deliberately poured all the prune juice I bought today over the high chair tray to make a sea because I told him he'd had enough time with the iPad today ... Yeah, jury's still out on him too.

Just kidding.


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Oh my :(

If I may speak with the voice of experience? Do not feed the said child bananas. JUST DON'T.

We went through this too, about a year later I think. SO AWFUL. Prune juice actually works really well, if you can get her to drink it. At one point we were advised that one solution is to make use of a rectal thermometer. We never resorted to this, but I'm just putting it out there... Glycerin suppositories also exist.

Could be connected to daycare. I mean, not to daycare, but to switching from nursing all day to not nursing all day. If it's worse during the week and better on weekends ...