Sunday, September 21, 2008

Discovery

A few moments ago my child came over and sat on my lap. His head level with mine, his face a mere two inches away. He stared at me intently. "What's that?" he asked.

"what?" I asked.

"That." He says.

"What?" I ask. "My eyes? My glasses? My eyebrows?"

"What's on your eyebrows?" he clarifies.

"What?" I ask, laughing. As far as I know, there's nothing on my eyebrows. I rack my brain. Did I smear something across my face? Eat something and be Very Messy? I cannot think of anything.

"Hair!" he says delightedly. "You have HAIR on your eyebrows."

Oh. That.

You know, some days I marvel at the fact that he can talk to his grandparents and remember that when they come here, they go to the airport in Calgary. I am impressed he can remember details of a conversation that I had with his father two nights ago. He can count as high as 40 now before he forgets what comes next.

And then there are the days when I wonder how he could not have realized that eyebrows are MADE OF HAIR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! :D

See, that's what's SO MUCH FUN about little kids (well, except when it's infuriating) -- how they can be simultaneously totally brilliant and totally clueless ...

And speaking of hair, I ran across a real gem in my LJ archives the other day, from about a year and a half ago -- a few days after I got the really big haircut, from very long to very short, SP said to me in great surprise, "Hey, mama! You still have that haircut!!"

pithydithy said...

That's classic!