Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Snippits of my child

This afternoon, I'm in the bathroom, The Boy is waiting outside. Silently. Ominous silence. I go out, he's pulled all the wipes, one by one, out of the box. Because you know, they pop up, like tissues! There's always another one to pull!

Me: "Oh N! What are you DOING?"

N: (puzzled) "I'm making a mess with the wipes!"

Because clearly, mommy is blind. 

While he was eating dinner, I went and fetched us each a drink. I got water for both of us, because (bad mommy!) I let him have (watered down) juice much of the time. He picked up the cup, took a few swallows, and his entire face crumpled. Not in the .... I'm mad you've given me juice way, nor in the I'm going to whine about giving me juice way, but in the my world has just ended because this is water, not the juice that I wanted. There was much sobbing, and tears. Mommy was a little taken aback.

This evening's dinner was again the mommy special of pasta, cheese and frozen veggies. And again, during dinner, he eats all the broccoli and asks for more. Mommy, on the other hand, is jonesing for a carb fix and is wolfing down the pasta as fast as she can go. I guess it's true that some kids can raise themselves well despite their parents.

No comments: