Wednesday, March 25, 2009

And then we high fived each other because of our parenting prowess

So earlier this morning, after I saw the disaster that was caused by the hockey-ball-that-was-really-a-tomato, I stood in the kitchen relating this to mah husszzband. I think he was a tad bit incredulous that I hadn't noticed that it was a real tomato, but he was polite enough not to say so.

And then we ended our conversation and looked down at our child, who had taken the SAME tomato that I had rescued from the dining room table and he was trying to now slice it open on the floor with a tinkertoy.

... .... .....

We did the only thing we could. We laughed. In the end, it turns out that we are not perfect. 

And then we made him clean up the tomato mess, and we had the talk about wasting food, and we parented. 

But first we hugged each other, and laughed.

No comments: