Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm over it

Well, ok, two days of angst and weeping and now I'm on ... well, great, kid's growing up, isn't that great! I was talking to another mommy friend the other day, and I said to her -- well, let's face it. Regardless of what happens, I win. If he wants back in our bed, I get more cuddles. If he doesn't, then DAMN, haven't I done a great job of raising an independent child!

Don't tell me otherwise, telling myself this is how I'm going to get over this milestone.

Last night I slept in his room with him, as I was tired and really didn't want to get up in the middle of the night. He woke, as he usually does, in the middle of the night, and called for me, and when he found me right there, he sighed, and said "mommy! mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy ... mommy, mommy, mommy ..." all his his soft, sleepy voice, while patting me all over.

I have never felt more validated while essentially being felt up.

No comments: