Monday, March 14, 2011

Future Plans

So my son is still fixated on the good guy / bad guy dichotomy. I'm told it's normal for little boys. So the other day we're driving and he tells me that policemen are cool because they are the good guys. And I ask if he'd like to be a policeman when he grows up.

The Boy: No. I want to be a SCIENTIST.

Me: (mentally patting myself on the back for raising such an intelligent and wonderful child who chooses something so worthwhile as a profession. And hooray! For the superhero / bad guy / good guy obsession loosening its grip!) Oh, that's great!

The Boy: Yeah. Cause then I'll make a potion that will turn me into a SUPERHERO and I'll get to HELP the police!

Me: *fail*

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I remember being quite disappointed when it started to dawn on me that science, while inarguably cool, is not nearly so exciting as it appears to be on, e.g., Spider-Man cartoons, Doctor Who, and Star Trek ...