Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finished sweater

So here we are, on the body and everything. I bound it off at the length I thought was good, based on several other sweaters. It was shorter than the pattern called for, but the sweater I have that is that length is actually too long. I figured binding it off was about as easy as putting all the stitches on a holder and then getting them off again. After all, it was possible it was already perfect!

In the end it could use another inch of length for comfort. I mean, it's fine, as you can see, but another inch would mean I could lift up my arms without wondering if I'm showing the world a shot of post-baby belly. 

I don't know if I will go back and add the other inch. Perhaps. If I find I'm not wearing it, I will. But I've worn it twice the last week, so for right now, it's all still good. 

3 comments:

AvenSarah said...

That's gorgeous! It looks like it fits you really well, too (though I understand about the length issue, I have similar issues with shorter sweaters these days!).

By the way, I *do* intend to reply to your emails... I just seem to be going through a strange mental-block-about-actually-responding-to-emails stage...

wealhtheow said...

Beautiful! :D I am deeply impressed by your knitting prowess.

(I have exactly that problem with most of my clothes these days ... ironically, my tummy is in much worse shape now than it was three years postpartum.)

erin said...

Oh wow! It's gorgeous!!