Saturday, January 24, 2009

Knitting update

I finished the sock, as noted. You will see from the following picture that it reaches nowhere NEAR my knee as I predicted. 


Apparently I forget that, you know, my legs increase in size the further you go up. Apologies for the shocking expanse of whiteness above the sock. I am pale at the best of times and winter ... I practically glow.

The second sock of the first pair is coming along too. I have so far managed to avoid the second sock boredom. I guess I just like the wool, it's just so nice to knit with.

The sweater is also coming along, and I have a little helper to prove it. I got this out to take a photo and he was all -- hey look! It's a sweater! A knitting sweater! 

And what's next after all these socks and sweaters, you ask? Oh, don't worry. My knitting obsession has gotten completely out of hand and I have convinced myself that I can actually knit something from this book below. Feel free to laugh. I don't know what I was thinking. 


1 comment:

erin said...

That's pretty weird... A coworker was just showing me the mittens she knitted that look just like the ones on the cover of that book! Anyway, I wish I could knit like you... The sweater is gorgeous and the socks look great!