Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What I've been up to recently

This is the first sock from a ball of yarn I got for Christmas. It was Lang's Jawoll, the one with silk. I particularly liked the reinforcing yarn that comes with it, for the heel and toe -- I think this pair will really wear well. Alas they are actually too big for me, but I know just the person they will fit -- my mother. It's not a coincidence that she gave me the wool, that it's not my colours, and that she wears the two pairs I already knit her incessantly, particularly when I'm around. Subtle, she is not. But there's nothing better than someone who appreciates what you knit for them.


This pair has been on the needles for seriously like a year or more. It's Lorna's Laces, and they are LONG, and have tiny needles and I get easily discouraged when they take so damn long. Plus, you know, tiny pointy needles aren't that great when there are small children around. Anyway, as you see the ball of yarn is getting smaller and smaller, so I have high hopes that these will get done soon. They will be almost knee length when done, and I think that will be NICE. I have a pair of high boots they will be great underneath. Oh, don't worry, I'll wear shoes that show them off, too. You have to, after all that work. 


And the sweater, from Christmas. Partly knit, as you can see. I actually am enjoying this knit so much that I am knitting other things so it lasts longer. Although I admit it's also hard to wait, because I want to WEAR it so much. 

 ..... *@#*$#*$&#(*()# 

I hate blogger and it's picture loading. IT SO SUCKS. Wait. I'll get that photo for you.


1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Oh! Oh! Pretty pretty socks! We wants them, we does!

Ahem.

I should learn to knit.