Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So as I was saying ...

AGH. This is the third time I've tried to post this. 

Anyway. I did the stripes differently from the pattern; I figure that's the beauty of handknits, you can customize them the way you want to. I'm planning to do the rest of the body in black, with maybe a single stripe of colour near the bottom. I'm a little concerned that the neck will buckle at the back, but it didn't in the pattern, so maybe there's something I don't know ... I haven't managed to try it on yet, since the prospect of putting ALL those body stitches on a holder and then getting them back on the needles is daunting. 

Although the prospect of knitting the entirety from scratch might also be pretty daunting, so ... well, we'll see. 




1 comment:

Soja said...

All the knitting looks great! The stripes look good, perhaps you could try it on without putting the stitches on a holder.... guess it depends how long long the needles are. Looks like a lot of work...I started a first pair of socks this summer but got a little bored...perhaps I need prettier yarn like yours.....