Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Today

Today we woke up early. We lay in bed and cuddled together until wake-up time. We got up and I made tea and breakfast and ate on the couch. The Boy was kind of cranky, and wanted to watch a movie, so I indulged him. It's Wednesday after all. I knitted while he watched. We also did some cuddling and some chatting.

We got showered and dressed. We went to a friend's for a playdate. We stayed three and a half hours, the boys played well together and we had some nice mommy chats and some lunch and I got to hold the baby for a while. I read books to the boys, we did puzzles together and they ploughed the snow out of the house. (Just relax. It was pretend snow.)

We came home after lunch and sat together on the couch for a while. I tidied the kitchen and did some laundry. We went out to the daycare for their music class, did some dancin' and some singin', and then had a snack and played for a bit. I got to chat to another mom for a while and to the daycare ladies. 

We came home and ordered sushi and watched another show. I did some more knitting. There were some more cuddles. 

During the day there were also some tears. There was an accident in public and one which drenched both me and him. There were too many shows. I didn't make dinner. There are still dirty dishes in the sink and the counter isn't spotless. The cat was sick on the floor. 

It was far from perfect, but it was perfect all the same. 

No comments: