Friday, January 23, 2009

Har har

Today in the mail there came one of those consumer surveys. I had no intention of filling it out, but I wanted to look at it all the same, so I opened it up. I have come to the conclusion that we do not have regular buying habits; for 90% of the stuff on there I would have to check "Other" for what we purchase in any category. Although I admit that in the "pain relief" category they didn't list Advil. Whaa?? We are not the only people who buy that, and it's pretty much the only thing I've used in years except post-childbirth. 

Anyway, the thing that made me chuckle was the question -- is anyone expecting a baby in the house? And then asked you to check a box next to the month you are expecting. They listed all the months. Clearly someone needs a lesson in babymaking, because hello? It's JANUARY. If I was expecting a baby in December, I WOULDN'T BE PREGNANT YET. 

(I am not expecting a baby. Not now, not next month, and not in December.)

I know, I know, they print those things once a year and send them out all year long, but still. Made me laugh. 

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

That's a good one. Almost as much fun as the packet insert for some brand of birth-control pills I took many years ago -- you know, back when we still thought it was possible for me to get pregnant -- which said that if you experience vomiting and diarrhoea, the pill's effectiveness may be reduced, so you should use another method of birth control.

Because, of course, someone who's experiencing vomiting and diarrhoea is so extremely likely to also be having sex...