Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Frustrated

The newest book from a favoured author of mine came out June 24. Today I woke up and decided I wanted to go and buy it, in hardcover. And so over the course of this morning I have visited or called three -- 3! -- locally owned and operated bookstores, including the nearby sci-fi / fantasy specialty store. None of them have it.

The Chapters four blocks from here has fifteen copies. I don't need to call ahead, I just need to go and buy it. It'll be cheaper there than at the other places.

I want to support local businesses. I want to support especially local, small bookstores. But it's unbelievably frustrating that not a single place has it in stock, even the place that specializes in that exact genre. I give up! I give up, I am going to go and buy it at Chapters.

Sigh.

1 comment:

erin said...

Sometimes The Man wins. But hey, not your fault, you tried to find it at the local shops! So buy that book at a large chain I have never heard of and enjoy it. :)