Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two weeks of random

Ahhhhh. Holiday.

Now granted, as I said, we'll be spending a fair portion of this holiday sitting around in our house sans preschooler, and not jet-setting off to exotic locations, but still. There will be friends and family and relaxation and good food (since The Man will be cooking while we're both off work and YAY!) and for me that beats out Bora Bora every time.

:)

We're on day two of the holiday and despite the torrential rain of last night, it's decided to clear up this morning and be sunny. The only thing we have to do today is sweep the entirety of the daycare yard. This is no mean feat; it took the two of us adults a good two hours to do it last time. Such are the joys of parent participation daycare. I could be the one in charge of saving popsicle sticks and old egg cartons, but nope. But it's exercise and the rain last night, despite ruining everyone's grand summer plans, has made it cooler. Given it was supposed to be 30 today and we were going to do physical labour in the hot sun ... I am terribly grateful.

We got The Boy a haircut yesterday. It didn't go well, there was much flinching and grousing and whining despite me shoving fruit bears into his mouth as fast as possible. He looks like a little man now. He's getting taller and losing those baby proportions, and noticeably, as one of the friends said last night, growing and changing at a rapid rate. He's taller and bigger and his vocabulary has increased and the fluidity of his language is better and all told he's just growing like a weed. And still tells me in bed at night that he needs me close by all the time. That he loves me. And when I pick him up, he wraps his little arms around my neck and holds me close.

I know that in future he won't want me to be his favourite person. He won't look to me to make it all better. But I hope that he'll still want to hug me and hold me close on occasion. And I know I'll always look at him and be proud.

And now I'm off to hang the laundry out and hope that the rain doesn't start pouring down again. At least in this part of the city the rain isn't likely to dissolve our clothes from the pollution.

No comments: