Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sundry

I'd write more about the Olympic ticket buying experience, but I'm so angry about it that I can't do it without writing in all caps. And no one likes to be yelled at early on a Sunday morning.

* * * * *

This morning we are under a rainfall warning AND a flood warning. We already have the Big Bad Flu, and there are a lot of sirens around for a Sunday morning. If we just had a locust warning, I'd start wondering if all those rumours about 2012 were true.

* * * * *

I went to prenatal yoga late yesterday afternoon -- despite the horrendous price. It's Vancouver Westside, it costs an arm and a leg to live here, and I guess the yoga prices fit the neighbourhood. It was a great class, and I'd like to go back, but I'm at this part of the pregnancy when all the ligaments in my lower abdomen are stretching, and if I move too fast or sneeze too hard, they hurt like hell. And so by the time I was ready for bed last night, I could hardly move from all the stretching.

It was a pretty unconventional yoga class -- never before have I sung "You are my sunshine" in a studio before -- and there was a lot of mama dancing ("move those hips!") and "embrace your power as a woman!" stuff, but it was fun and relaxing and I think I'd like to go back. If by next Saturday, I can walk without wincing.

Amusingly my work is trying for the first time to have a social life, and they've organized a bowling party in a couple weeks -- after the yoga experience I think bowling will probably snap something. So I think abstaining is best. For me and the team, because to be honest I'm the worst bowler ever. Having the ball go somewhere other than the gutter is quite a fluke.

* * * * *

This morning I can walk without too much pain, but last night it hurt so much to bend and / or lift a leg, I had to get The Man to help me get my pants off. I'd say something quippy about how that got us into this problem to begin with, but that seems too obvious. Clearly I do need to spend more time doing yoga if I'm that poorly after doing so.

So: onward! Let's see if we can get through this rainy day and find something interesting to do.

No comments: