Saturday, November 21, 2009

Verdict:

The banana bread is by far the best gluten free recipe I have made. By. Far. The only problem with it is that it is a little crumbly -- but not in the rice flour cardboard way, just ... crumbly, the way some cakes made of wheat can be. The taste is great and the texture, other than crumbly, is fantastic.

I'm sure it was helped along by following the recipe completely and instead of adding chocolate chips I cut up a very, very nice dark chocolate bar and put that in instead.

I am trying to think of what might make it less crumbly, and am thinking of adding some xanthan gum or something, but I think while that might make it less crumbly, it might detract from the overall texture and make it gummy -- which I really don't like.

In any case, I am *definitely* going to try more recipes from her site. Wow.

No comments: