Sunday, November 15, 2009

Verdict:

Well, like all un-wheated baked goods, it's texture is .... well, not liked wheat based baked goods. It's hard to describe, and the best adjective I can come up with is that it's a little bit ... gummier. Which sounds much worse than it is. In order to mimic the binding properties of gluten, you have to add a binding agent of some kind to these recipes, and xanthan / guar gum is the ingredient of choice. And it binds, but just differently.

But the flavour? Spot. On.

And the texture is moist and soft, just like regular cake.

So all in all: A success.

(But a small one -- one recipe I tried was delicious when warm, but the next day was inedible. So I'll reserve judgement until I finish the thing. Because if I do, it's a real success.)

yay. :)

No comments: