Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today's gluten-free baking adventure

Is this. The woman who writes this isn't celiac, but if you check out her blog there are some REALLY nice-sounding recipes there. (Especially rich chocolate ones, which I also want to try.) I have wanted to try this one for ages, because of my love affair with quinoa, but I was only recently able to find quinoa flakes and I didn't know what I might substitute for them.

I also had to substitute brown rice flour for the white rice flour, and brown sugar for the blond cane sugar, since I still haven't managed to find that. (This is Vancouver, you'd think I'd be able to find anything. But I guess that only applies to Asian cuisine -- no matter how strange it sounds, if it's used in Asian cuisine you can find it in Vancouver. Which is lovely, of course, but does mean you can be SOL if you aren't cooking Asian.)

So the loaf is currently in the oven, and smells lovely. Let's hope it tastes as nice as it smells. Maybe the update for later will also include photos!

No comments: