Sunday, December 6, 2009

I think we're addicted

After last weekend's chimney cleaning we had a few fires -- one each weekend day and then a couple during the week. We waited until a respectable 3pm yesterday to light up, but this morning at 8am The Boy insisted we start it up, and frankly neither The Man nor I wanted to say no. So we didn't.

And frankly it makes sense if you think about it -- the house is cold at this hour, and so is the weather, and a fire is the perfect antidote.

....

Nah, we're just addicted. I know.

* * * * *

In other news, we felt the baby kick on the outside this morning. I've been feeling a little something here and there for a few weeks, and having the usual freak outs when there was action for days and then nothing for days (I can worry about ANYTHING!) But this morning I lay in bed and felt some movement and put my hand down and felt a soft thump. I called in The Man who was kindly making breakfast and HE got to feel a little twitch too which was cool, for so early on. We are having our ultrasound this coming Thursday and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can find out who this little person is ...


No comments: