Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas from Lego

This year, as I think I have mentioned, we bought The Boy a lego advent calendar. The advantages of being an only child, really -- I never would have bought TWO of them for each of the children. Next year it's paper all the way, baby.

Our first item was this:


Fun Christmas boy, with snowballs! How festive!


The next day we got the snowman. A little weird that he has no face -- not to mention the broom impaling him -- but let's run with it anyway.


A little bit later came skater boy.


And then the traditional holiday lamppost, complete with snow on the leaves!


I quite liked the post man / post truck / present combo (which arrived on three different days).

In amongst there we got a few other things, like a sled, now inexplicably missing.

But then, things got weird.


Ok. We eat at Christmas, so a chef is ... not that strange.

I guess there should be a policeman and megaphone to keep order amongst all the merriment.


A flower stand in the middle of a Christmas scene .... uh .... well, ok. Maybe they are white pointsettias.

But the weirdest so far:


The Man and I have named him "Frank the Christmas Janitor". We've made up a new carol. There has been much merriment trying to imagine just what the HECK lego was thinking with this one.

But now I think in future Christmas will not be complete without a guy in an orange jumpsuit with a broom.

1 comment:

JS said...

Too funny.

Now I want one of those! I've put a whole bunch of Lego on my Christmas list. Some of it may be for the child. ;) It is the intersection of our leisure interests, you see. :D