Friday, December 11, 2009

Nesty

So in follow up to the rant earlier this week that I am not a bird!!! it has occurred to me that, while not actually aves in nature I am starting on that whole nesting process. It started last weekend when I was clearing out some things from the living room in order to try and fit a tree (does anyone else seem to have pockets in each room where stuff just magically accumulates? The junk corner? I seem to, in each room, and man does it get bad some times.) I cleaned out the living room junk corner and a pieces of my soul felt less weighted down.

When I was done I sat down and eyed, from my position on the sofa, the dining room corner of shame, and began thinking about clearing out that one and then, oh yeah, I should really tackle that kitchen drawer of junk, and maybe the little desk too, and then there's the closets in each of the other rooms, because hooray! the advent of this pregnancy and subsequent (we hope!) baby, I can get through the mat clothes and get rid of them, and then start on the mounds of baby clothes, and start getting rid of those as the baby grows, which will mean more and more and more space in our closets as we move stuff from closets to our downstairs locker which up until this point has been holding boxes upon boxes of maternity clothes and baby clothes and baby toys. And OH! What I can then do with the closets!!

The Man is reading this and hyperventilating.

The funny thing is that despite the fact that this was all running through my head, it didn't occur to me to think of it as nesting because, well, hello! I didn't get too nesty until closer to the end of the last pregnancy. No, right now, I'm just plain old cleaning.

Despite the level of organization I am currently doing in my head of those bedroom closets. Nope. Just cleaning.

No comments: