Monday, November 8, 2010

Sick

November, you have been unkind.

It started on the second, when I had a scratchy throat and thought ... hmmmm. This maybe isn't so great.

And then on the third, I felt really low. But I hadn't slept well and thought ... maybe it's just lack of sleep.

Thursday I had a fever. I couldn't breathe through my nose no matter what I tried (save hard drugs since hey surprise! Can't take those when you're nursing!) and felt like absolute hell. Friday felt like more of the same. Saturday ... Saturday afternoon I felt like I was feeling better. A little. A tiny bit. Maybe there was light at the end of the tunnel.

And that's when I noticed the little line of snot coming from the baby's nose.

Since Saturday I have slept about ... ten hours? I think? All broken up. I feel remarkably good considering that AND considering I still have the darn cold, and I can only assume that it's mother hormones kicking in and carrying me through and that once the menace has left the house I will collapse completely and we will be overrun with dirty laundry.

The baby, she seems perkier today. I hope. I may be grasping at hope where there is none, though, because HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND PURE, I WANT TO SLEEP TONIGHT.

And sleep? Only will come if the baby lets me.

Pray for us.

Oh and did I mention at the doctor's today the doctor poked into her mouth and was all "hey lookit that! She's teething on the top! Her gums look really sore!" Can I get a thumbs up and an awesome for that? Wasn't she teething through the LAST cold?

No comments: