Sunday, August 31, 2008

The first of the winter colds

Oh, hurrah. 

At the daycare potluck I noticed that a number of the small children had runny noses, and sure enough, my child did as well within a day. This morning I woke up with a throat that was a lot more noticeable than I really preferred, and I'm rather tired. The Boy is cranky and sleepy and needy and I'm trying not to remember that last winter he spent most of the time ill and cranky and -- most crucially -- waking up in the night. I seem to recall that at 18 months -- last summer -- he was starting to sleep pretty well at night, and that last winter blew that all to hell with the continuous daycare cold. 

However, if there's one thing I have learned about having a child is that everything changes. And this winter? We have TELEVISION. 

**********

It's a long weekend here so we are kicking back and relaxing. I am feeling terribly smug as well because I cleaned a bunch of boxes out of the house yesterday and organized a closet and am now feeling more than legitimately able to sit on the couch the rest of the weekend reading books and blogging. The Man is cooking, which is pretty much makes the weekend perfect -- French Onion soup tonight, roasted in the oven, and then falafel with pita and houmos and tabbouleh tomorrow. 

(Amanda! Look! We're eating more vegetarian. I am inspired by your blog!)

Of course tomorrow night we may be hosting six (6) cousins from England for dinner. For those of you not in the know we currently have four (4) dining room chairs. This could be interesting. Eight adults! One toddler! 850 square feet! I have no idea where I will put everyone. It's a good thing I cleaned out two (2) boxes. I'm sure that will make all the difference.

1 comment:

Soja said...

:-) x x x Amanda