Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Re-reading

I re-read that last post and realized that telling people I let my child play in the sink sounds a little ... strange, and I just wanted to note that what actually happened was that I was making a dessert for tomorrow's daycare potluck and so he set himself up to play in the sink with some measuring spoons and some running water. This is an amazing thing, for anyone else who reads this who has a two year old (population: zero, as far as I know), but he can be entertained by running water in the sink with some measuring cups and a plastic pouring cup for a good hour while I work in the kitchen. SO much easier than trying to work with a kid hanging off your ankles and shrieking "come play with me" or else playing extremely quietly in the other room and when you check on him you realize he's been prying keys off your expensive laptop for fifteen minutes. 

2 comments:

AvenSarah said...

Hey -- population: 1, at least! :)
We don't have a step stool the right height for my son to reach the sink properly, unfortunately, or he probably would play there for ages -- I'll keep the idea in mind, though!

wealhtheow said...

Aven -- what you need is a big bath towel, a plastic dishpan, and some floor space. My daughter wasn't tall enough to reach the sink at that age, either, but would play with random containers in a dishpan-ful of soapy water on the kitchen floor for ages.