Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sock progress

So here it is, the sock so far. As a reminder these are for The Man, so that's why they may appear much too large. He also got the Koigu because it makes a slightly thicker sock. I knit him another pair a year or so ago and he wears them fairly frequently, and doesn't wear any other kind of knitted item, so if I want to knit something for him, my choices are socks or socks.



Here's an example of the colour pooling I'm not that keen on. I don't normally mind if colours pool in socks; I'm fine with variegated yarn just doing its thing. If it pools and swirls, fine. If it just combines, whatever. I don't care. But this ... this pooling is just plain ugly. The greens are nice, but the yellow / purple / grey combination is just kind of gross.


Of course on the heel (pardon the horrible picture, it's early morning and I didn't have the patience to try again) the pooling stops and the colours just combine and I think ... hey, maybe this is what they had in mind? Because the greens combined with the yellows and purples all spread out together isn't too bad. I mean, it's not exactly stunning, but it's not that bad either. 


Ah well. No one will see them anyway .... and it seems that there is even enough for a whole sock per skein, even for large feet, so I shall post when they are done ... 

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

I actually really like the heel. The other colours mixed in with the greens are pretty. On their own, though, you're right, ick.