Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Ides of March

Last year around this time (I think it was April, but who's counting) I had one of those weeks where it felt like the sky was falling in. Not on me, but on everyone around me. The situation at work has gotten worse -- for me, a little, and for others I work with, a lot. People are stressed. I have one friend who is having a much worse work situation, and one who is having a bad marital situation (at almost 33 weeks pregnant like me, to boot) and the swirling chaos is just plain ugly.

Sigh.

BUT. But. My beloved hubs is coming home tonight from a business trip. My kid has been really, really good the last few days while the two of us have been on our own. (He wrote a letter to Santa yesterday which is just plain darling.) The sun is shining, the air is warm, the trees are in bloom, and I lucked out with parking for the second day in a row (which is nothing short of miraculous given that the Paralympics are in full swing a stone's throw from my office window). I have a nice cup of hot tea (decaffeinated, since I am still trying to be good, but still). And I'm having bacon for dinner. (Among other things. But still. Bacon! Yum!)

Life goes on.

No comments: