Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Growth

This morning, putting away laundry, I told myself I really had to do something about my daughter's clothes situation. Which is to say, clean out her bureau. There are tons of things in there that don't fit, given she's grown 2.5 inches and gained about 5 pounds since birth.

I picked through and filled the box for consignment already started. And it was going well until I came to the little sleepers she wore when first at home.

You know, I'm no fan of pregnancy. I love the babies that come from it. I love feeling the baby in me. But the physicality of pregnancy ... Meh. I'm glad that I won't be doing that again.

But I'm sad that my baby has outgrown her newborn sleepers all the same. I'm sad that this is it for holding a soft newborn close to me. I do love that. A lot. And I've enjoyed it even more this second time, when I'm more comfortable being a mom.

I kept the little blue sleeper she came home in. I know one day I'll look at it and cry a little. Just a little.

No comments: