Friday, July 30, 2010

Ravages

My daughter nurses, at times, like she's at war. She flails, grunts, kicks, grabs, scratches, pulls, pinches and ... My favourite ... bites and rears her head backwards. It's ... shall we say ... awkward.

The problem is not so much the pain, as now pulling close to three years of nursing has left the area somewhat deadened in feeling. It's the wear and tear. The Girls, they aren't so pretty as they once were.

Now I know this is inevitable with aging, baby or no. It's not like I was thinking I'd be blessed with youth forever.

But someday, I imagine, my daughter will happen upon me in my naked form and ask why they are "like that" and I'm not sure I'll be able to resist telling her "because nursing you was like trying to nurse a wolverine". Lest she never attempt herself to provide me with grandchildren.

No comments: