Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Things I have learned with a fractious baby

1 rocking in a rocking chair and reading an iPhone makes me vaguely headachy

2 reading a hardcover book and rocking a baby is difficult

3 rocking a baby all day makes getting anything else done hard

4 a baby who will not lay down / sit / sleep / go in a car seat / do anything other than rock and nurse is frustrating

5 my rocking chair, ancient and inherited from older relations, moves slowly in a circle around to the right if you rock in it steadily for long enough. I have no idea why. Do I push harder with one leg? Do I sit askew? Are the rockers themselves ill-positioned?

I wonder how long it will take me to go 360 degrees around in a circle.

I have a feeling my daughter wants me to find out.

1 comment:

wealhtheow said...

Audiobooks. You need audiobooks.

I wish I had had audiobooks and an iPod when SP was a baby ...