Saturday, July 24, 2010

It's true what they say

Morning comes early these days. 6:30 or so The Boy wakes. I buy another half hour with iPhone bribery (bad Mommy!) and then The Girl wakes by seven. These recent nights she wakes only twice, usually 3 ish and 5 ish, so I'm often half awake at 6:30 anyway. I try to sleep by 10 pm most nights, earlier if I can.

This morning was no different, except I got us out of the house. He's always in a better mood if you get him out of the house, but convincing him is hard. So after breakfast of mostly strawberries and much cajoling ... Not to mention infant feeding, dressing, soothing, etc. ... Out we went.

There's a local park, near the rec centre, he wanted to go to. Already at not quite 9am there are three softball games in full swing. (heh) There is also, crucially, a coffee shop.

Yes.

Coffee.

I've been a tea totaller for years. I like coffee. Like it a lot. But it hits me like a ton of bricks, so I prefer the more mellow jolt of tea.

But life, these days, hits like a ton of bricks too. Never ending infant care. House work. Endless laundry. Cooking. Diapers. Night wakings and early mornings. It's not bad. I'm actually content, very content, with life these days. I have a purpose and there's something very satisfying about that.

But it is true what they say: after the second, you get a coffee machine.

No comments: