Monday, May 17, 2010

First day as the housewife

Duh Duh DUH ....

The Man heads back to work today, and so I'm on my own with the girl child and a very messy house from a weekend of whooping it up. (or not, as the case may be ... just a weekend with two kids and two tired parents!) This child, similar to my last one, has decided that close bodily contact is necessary for sleeping, and so sleeps upon my body or not at all. It's very hard, do I even need to say it, to clean this way.

I am going to try not to be hard on myself; my first job is to take care of the baby and of me so that I *can* take care of the baby, but let's face it: a four year old and three other people make a big mess. It's going to be hard to keep up with it all. And that's not even taking into account the fact that the baby isn't sleeping as well as she had been, and I'm up a few times each night, not just for nursing but soothing and bouncing and de-gassing the child. And I'm going to feel bad if I can't keep up with it all.

But I guess it'll all come together at some point. I figure that I should give myself until month three (or whenever the girl child starts sleeping better!) before I get too worried about my abilities as a housewife.

It is what it is, right?

No comments: