Monday, May 10, 2010

sleep baby sleep

She sleeps so well at night I worry about her growth -- she only eats once, and I wake painfully engorged. I mention this to The Man who posits Maybe THIS is normal? Maybe our other frequent eater / reluctant sleeper was the exception not the rule? I laugh. Perhaps it's true. As long as she's gaining weight, it's likely all ok. And it's early days -- she's not yet two weeks old. Time enough to wake me every hour through the night. I'll enjoy being a well-rested mother of a newborn while I can.

She makes up for it by doing the nurse / sleep / fuss most of the morning, sleeping at or on the breast for hours. Makes it hard to get anything done, but at least I am forced to relax. And really, is there anything better than sitting still holding a happy sleeping baby?

Of course it did take me ten minutes to write this one-handed.

1 comment:

erin said...

Sounds to me like she's got her days and nights exactly right! What a smart and gorgeous little girl!